York Teaching Hospital Charity
The York Teaching Hospital Charity raises vital funds to support the work of York Hospital and York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
The Trust is committed to improving the services and quality of care for patients and carers in York and the surrounding areas. The charity plays a vital role in raising funds for the Trust to help to ensure the best quality of care is provided by funding aspects such as:
- Life-saving and up to date equipment
- Patient and carer support
- Additional staff and staff training and development
- Research and development
- Improving and enhancing the Hospital environment
With thanks to our supporters, the York Teaching Hospital Charity is able to make a real difference to the care that people receive when they visit our hospitals.
We will always support the wishes of our donors' to ensure their donations are spent according to their choice, whether this is to go to a specific appeal, department or ward. However, we do also encourage donations to be made to the overall hospital fund so we can support the areas which need it the most.
Examples of how your donations have been spent:
- Nurses station for the Coronary Care Department costing £50,000
- Scope Guide for Endoscopy costing £62,000
- York Hospital Radio - replacing studio equipment costing £27,500
- Spectrum monitors for the Intensive Care unit costing over £22,000
- Bereavement Suite - The Charity recently donated over £170,000 towards the new Bereavement Suite at York Hospital.
For more information please visit our fundraising pages.