In this section
The Calendar Competition is back!
This year the theme is owls and we’re challenging you, our amazing staff, to provide images for each month of the year. How you do this is completely up to you. Are you a talented knitter, sculptor or photographer? Perhaps you decorate cakes or illustrate? Whatever your talent, express it with an owl!
The Trust’s Patient Experience Team are raising awareness of their Night Owls project, which provides special packs to allow patients to sleep better on the wards. One lucky entry will be used to promote the Night Owls project. To find out more about Night Owls, please click here or email the Patient Experience Team directly.
All entries will be considered by a panel of judges, to include representation from the Arts, Patient Experience, and Staff Benefits Teams. The panel will select 12 winners, one for each month of the 2018 Staff Benefits calendar. One of these entries will be named as the overall winner and used to promote the Night Owls project. All entries will be saved in an image bank for use by the Arts, Patient Experience and Staff Benefits teams and posted on the Trust’s social media throughout 2018.
How to Enter
1. Create or locate your owl
All creative methods accepted e.g. knitting, crochet, painting, paper crafts, cake decorating etc. You may also photograph a real life owl.
2. Photograph/scan your owl following the guidelines below:
- Use landscape orientation (your photo will be cropped to 216mm wide x 117mm high)
- Ensure the best possible quality/highest resolution (ideally 300dpi in CMYK colour)
- Save the photo as your name and email to email@example.com in jpg format. Please ensure you include your name and contact details in the email.
Note: We may re-photograph your owl if it is chosen for the calendar therefore it is very important to send the best quality image if submitting a photographic entry or something which will not be available to re-photograph after the closing date.
3. Complete the online application form below.
Postal entries will also be accepted, please contact the Arts Team for a paper application form on 01904 725265
- One entry per person
- Your image will be cropped to fit the calendar but retain the landscape format
- Results will be announced in October 2017, with a celebration event to follow.
Deadline for entries: Friday 29th September 2017
For more information contact the Arts Team: