Our mission and vision!
Our mission is to provide high quality, safe, integrated secondary and community healthcare services for children, young people and their families.
Our vision is to be recognised locally and nationally as delivering safe high quality services that meet the health needs of our children and young people whilst supporting their parents and carers, through appropriately trained, motivated and skilled staff working in a suitable child friendly environment.
This vision is underpinned by three key goals:
- To be an effective and sustainable provider of general acute, community and appropriate tertiary services;
- To remove uncertainty in relation to healthcare services particularly for the population of the East Coast of Yorkshire;
- To extend genuine public involvement opportunities from being part of a Foundation Trust, giving the population of the East Coast the opportunity to be heard more formally through membership.
Our Shared Commitment: Caring with Pride
Our values, drivers and motivators:
- Caring about what we do
- Respecting and valuing each other
- Listening in order to improve
- Always doing what we can to be helpful
Supporting each other by:
- Working in partnership and responding to local needs
- Respecting differences and building on similarities
- Empowering people to be involved in decisions about how we provide care
- Encouraging others to behave respectfully in line with our values
How are we doing?
We were delighted to receive a 'Good' overall rating in the Care Quality Commission inspection in March 2015 however we recognise there is still more to do.
The quality of our service and the safety of your child are our absolute priorities. If you are unhappy with any element of your child’s care please speak to the nurse in charge, or ask for the Matron or consultant of the week.
We have recently been chosen to take part in a Royal College safey initiative called S.A.F.E (Situation awareness for everyone). As part of this we are asking parents, if you see something say something.
The Leadership Team
Jo Mannion, Clinical Director
Liz Vincent, Directorate Manager
Nicola Lockwood, Matron