New Patient Experience Strategy
On 21 September 2015 the Trust launched its first Patient Experience Strategy: Your Experiences Matter. The three-year strategy sets out our high level objectives to improve the experience of patients, and their families and carers. We will achieve this through these five commitments:
- Involving patients in decisions about their care and delivering a service that is responsive to their individual needs
- Listening to our patients, welcoming feedback and sharing the results from ward to board
- Responding to feedback so people can see how their views and experiences are making a difference
- Learning from what patients tell us about their experiences, both what was good and what we could do better
- Nurturing a culture of openness, respect and responsibility
The Trust has always welcomed feedback from patients, and their families and carers, and continues to do so. You can provide feedback by speaking to staff, completing a Friends and Family Test card, contacting our Patient Advice and Liaison Service, or writing to us about your experiences (see below).