In this section
Mental Health Wellbeing Seminar
This event has been cancelled and will be rearranged for another date.
We’ve all read the statistics – mental ill health affects 1 in 4 people in any given year. The last big UK survey was completed in 2016, and showed:
- Generalised anxiety disorder – 5.9 in 100 people
- Depression – 3.3 in 100 people
- Phobias – 2.4 in 100 people
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) – 1.3 in 100 people
- Panic disorder – 0.6 in 100 people
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) – 4.4 in 100 people
- Mixed anxiety and depression – 7.8 in 100 people
*Statistics from Mind (2020)
In England, 1 in 6 of us experiences a common mental health problem (such as depression or anxiety) in any given week.
If none of these statistics applies to you, then they certainly apply to someone you love. Mental health is something which matters to us all!
So how can we support our own mental wellbeing? How can we stay (or become) emotionally healthy? We know a number of sensible, achievable ways of improving or maintaining wellbeing.
We will put on two sessions, one at York Hospital and one at Scarborough Hospital. Places are available on a first come first served basis so reserve your seat as soon as possible to be guaranteed a place.
The seminar dates:
To be confirmed once new dates are arranged later this year.