In this section
Mental Health Wellbeing Virtual Seminar
How are you? How are you feeling?
There has been such a lot of thinking about our health in recent months. Do we have a temperature? A loss of taste? A cough? Are we tired?
But how is your emotional health? How is your sense of wellbeing after all we have been through?
Most people cope pretty well in a crisis, but now we are beyond that first covid wave, it’s a good time to think about our emotional wellbeing, and how we are feeling.
We’ve all read the statistics – mental ill health affects 1 in 4 people in any given year. The last big UK survey was completed in 2016, and showed
- Generalised anxiety disorder – 5.9 in 100 people
- Depression – 3.3 in 100 people
- Phobias – 2.4 in 100 people
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) – 1.3 in 100 people
- Panic disorder – 0.6 in 100 people
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) – 4.4 in 100 people
- Mixed anxiety and depression – 7.8 in 100 people
In England, 1 in 6 of us experiences a common mental health problem (such as depression or anxiety) in any given week.
If none of these statistics applies to you, then they certainly apply to someone you love. Mental health is something which matters to us all!
So how can we support our own mental wellbeing? How can we stay (or become) emotionally healthy?
We know a number of sensible, achievable ways of improving or maintaining wellbeing.
Join us for our virtual seminar on Thursday 15 October at 10.00am – 11.30am.
We look forward to seeing you there.
This event is now completely fully booked.