In this section
Research and why we do it
Clinical Research is an important part of what we do at our hospitals, and we currently have hundreds of research projects running.
The Research and Development (R&D) department will be on hand to explain more about this fascinating aspect of healthcare and why it's so vital to patients now and in the future.
Join us to hear more about:
- why its so important that we do research and what the Department of Health expects from us
- what the different types of research are and where our hospitals are performing such research right now
- the wide variety of hospital research we take part in - what clinical areas we work in and what the volume of our work is
- how research works in practice - hear directly from a research nurse
- interested in getting involved? Find out more about how you can play a part in research
All of our members are welcome to book, but places are limited so if you're unable to attend, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can offer your place to someone else.
"Research has led to better treatments for many conditions such as cancer, diabetes and stroke"