In this section
We are proud to announce the 25 lucky winners of our Grand Raffle in aid of the Butterfly Appeal at York Hospital. These fabulous prizes have all been kindly donated which means the total amount raised of £4,200 will go directly to the Butterfly Appeal.
The Winners are:
|Prize no.||Prize||Ticket no.||Name of winner|
|1||Leisure Resorts 5* Luxury Holiday||4871||Jill Watson|
|2||Great Rail Journeys £500 voucher||7543||Paul Clays|
|3||The Grand Hotel & Spa Cookery School vouchers||4354||L Dunne|
|4||Middlethorpe Hall 1/2 day spa voucher||4324||Lena|
|5||£70 voucher for Bill's Restaurant||6733||Clare Bell|
|6||£100 Aldwark Arms voucher||4058||Caroline Blackburn|
|7||Mud Serial & Afternoon tea at Imagine Spa, Hazlewood Castle||4589||Mrs M Benton|
|8||Family pass for High Ropes adventure at Camp Hill Estate||8557||Mr Don Credland|
|9||Family travel voucher for North Yorks Moor Railway||7710||Clare Inkster|
|10||Afternoon tea for two at Raithwaite Estate||4144||Michaela|
|11||Champagne Afternoon Tea for two at The Ivy||4258||Georgina Y|
|12||Family pass for Piglets Adventure Farm||55||K Mangham|
|13||Make It York day passes||7883||Alex Evans|
|14||£50 Boden gift voucher||4696||Mr A Haithwaite|
|15||£50 voucher for Palenque Jewellery||9317||S Rowlands|
|16||£50 off total bill at ASK Italian||1025||Rachel Harrison|
|17||Masham Riding Centre 1 hour trek||6697||Jean Platt|
|18||Ripon Races Open Club tickets||5524||Robyn Garron|
|19||Family pass for Cannon Hall Farm||121||Petra Appleyard|
|20||Family day pass for William's Den||9333||Birdie Caerer|
|21||Family pass for Jorvik Viking Centre||7036||Christine Scutt|
|22||Bolton Abbey Steam Railway family travel ticket||8742||Tina Wallis|
|23||Afternoon tea for two at Cake D'licious||4485||Caroline Howard|
|24||Family ticket for Cinderella Pantomime at Scarborough Spa||7116||Melissa Scutt|
|25||Wensleydale Creamery family pass||20||Teena Wiseman|
All winners will be notified on Friday 29 November by 4pm
The 25 amazing prizes that have been won, include:
- A seven night stay in a Leisure Resorts luxury lodge at Ullswater or Aysgarth for up to six people
- £500 Great Rail Journeys Holiday voucher for two people
- Cookery School for two at The Grand Hotel York
- Half Day Spa with treatments at Middlethorpe Hall
- £70 voucher for Bill's Restaurant, York
- Family Pantomime Ticket for Scarborough Spa
- Camp Hill Estate High Ropes Adventure
- Champagne Afternoon Tea for two at The Ivy, York
- Afternoon Tea for two at The Raithwaite Estate
- Family ticket to Williams' Den
- Piglets Adventure Farm family pass
- One hour trek for two people at Masham Riding Centre
- Mud Serial and afternoon tea for two at Imagine Spa, Hazlewood Castle
- Family travel voucher for North York Moors Railway
- £50 Palenque gift voucher
- Family pass for Jorvik Viking Centre
- £50 Boden gift voucher
- Two day passes and travel passes with Make It York
- Two Open Club tickets for Ripon Races
- £50 off total bill at ASK Italian
- Family pass for Cannon Hall Farm
- Family ticket for Bolton Abbey Steam Railway
- Afternoon Tea for two at Cake D'licious
- Family ticket for Cinderella Pantomime with SIV Sheffield
- Two vouchers for a family of 4 to Wensleydale Creamery
- £100 voucher for Aldwark Arms
Terms and Conditions:
1. Entry is open to all residents of Great Britain.
2. No tickets to be bought by anyone under 18 years of age. Any prizes won with a ticket where the named ticket owner is under 18 will be immediately forfeit.
3. There is no limit to the number of tickets that a person to can purchase
4. By entering this prize draw, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions. Any entries not complying with these terms and conditions will not be valid. The winner will be selected at random.
5. Entry closes on Thursday 28 November 2019 and the draw takes place on Friday 29 November 2019 at York Hospital, York
6. The winners will be notified in writing or by telephone. The winning names will be available online at www.york.nhs.uk/grandraffle Should the winner object to their name being made available he/she should inform York Teaching Hospital Charity's Fundraising Team.
7. The winner’s name may be printed in marketing materials to promote future fundraising draws and they will be expected to provide York Teaching Hospital Charity with photographs and quotes about their trip to further promote such draws.
8. Late entries: any money received after the closing date will be treated as a donation to help fund our work – thank you.
9. All tickets shall be priced at £1. Raffle entry sales are final and no refunds shall be made at any time. All entrants acknowledge that their payment of £1 per ticket to enter the raffle does not guarantee that they will win any prize.
10. We will make every effort to contact the winner, however if we are unable to make contact within 14 days of the draw, unclaimed prizes will be reallocated to another raffle entrant. A number of extra draws are made on the draw date in case of this eventuality.
11. This draw is promoted by York Teaching Hospital Charity. Responsible person: Lucy Clegg, 2nd Floor Admin, York Hospital, Wigginton Road, York, YO31 8HE. Charity reg no. 1054527 (England & Wales)
12. Licensed by the Gambling Commission under the 2005 Gambling Act, for details see www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk. For further support and information on our licence please visit www.goodwaystowin.com/responsiblegambling
13. This raffle is a form of gambling. Participants are encouraged to gamble responsibly. Should gambling become a problem we recommend you contact the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133 or visit their website, www.begambleaware.org
14. York Teaching Hospital Charity has the right to change or update the raffle rules at its discretion and raffle participants are invited to regularly check the website for updates. Any changes will be made available at www.york.nhs.uk/grandraffle and will be available upon request from York Teaching Hospital Charity's Fundraising Team. York Teaching Hospital Charity reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the raffle in whole or in part in its sole discretion.
15. York Teaching Hospital Charity reserves the right to reject your entry and/or award any prize to an alternative winner if we have grounds to believe that you have breached any of these terms and conditions, acted fraudulently or illegally, or on other reasonable grounds and York Teaching Hospital Charity shall have no liability to you for any loss or damage arising from our exercise of such rights. York Teaching Hospital Charity shall return any amounts already paid by any entrant found to be under 18, but is not liable to return any amounts already paid by any other entrant, and any such refund we make will be solely at our discretion.
16. York Teaching Hospital Charity shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered or arising from:
- Any delays or failures in the postal service or other delivery methods
- Any delays or failures in any software or other systems used by York Teaching Hospital Charity for the administration of the raffle
- Any delays or failures in any banking system
- Any event beyond the reasonable control of York Teaching Hospital Charity
17. York Teaching Hospital Charity accepts no liability for loss, theft or delay and is not liable for any late bank payments.
18. Any queries or complaints relating to the raffle should be sent in writing to Fundraising Manager, 2nd Floor Admin, York Hospital, Wigginton Road, York, YO31 8HE with full details of the complaint and supporting documentation. If a complaint can’t be resolved to your satisfaction you can refer this to our Alternative Dispute Resolution body, the Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS). IBAS can be contacted by visiting their website, www.ibas-uk.com, calling 0207 347 5883 or writing to Independent Betting Adjudication Service, PO Box 62639, London, EC3P 3AS.
19. The Laws of England and Wales shall govern the interpretation and/or enforcement of these terms and conditions and York Teaching Hospital Charity and all entrants hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.