In this section
Scarborough Spa hosts hospital awards ceremony
On Thursday (17 October) over 320 staff from York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, including many staff from Scarborough Hospital, will gather at Scarborough Spa to celebrate the work of local NHS staff.
The Celebration of Achievement Awards are the Trust’s annual staff recognition awards. Staff, visitors and patients were invited to make a nomination to recognise the work of an outstanding staff member or team.
This year the Trust received over 200 nominations and the list of finalists includes many staff, wards, volunteers and fundraisers from Scarborough Hospital.
Finalists from Scarborough Hospital include:
- Omar Alam, Specialist Registrar, Scarborough Hospital
- Maternity Team, Labour and Hawthorn ward, Scarborough Hospital
- Willow Ward, Ophthalmology, Scarborough Hospital
- Outpatients services team (Scarborough and York)
- Macmillan Recovery Package Team (Scarborough and York)
- Martha Callaghan, Special School Nurse, Scarborough Hospital
- Keith Taylor, Cancer Information and Support Services Volunteer, Scarborough Hospital
- Olivia-Jo Lovitt, Healthcare Assistant, Scarborough Hospital
- Dennis Allen, Learning Disability Liaison Team Assistant (Scarborough and York)
Simon Morritt, Chief Executive at York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, said: “The Celebration of Achievement Awards have become a valuable and highly regarded way of honouring colleagues who have excelled in their achievements and service for the Trust and to the patients, families and clients we serve.
“Every year we face increasing challenges and, while we hold ourselves to a very high standard, the pressures we face have never been greater. With that in mind it is even more important to recognise the contributions we all make, every day, in our own part of the service.
“This event gives us the opportunity to reflect on and to recognise the contributions everyone makes, every day in the NHS. I’m in my first few months as chief executive and I am very much looking forward to Thursday’s event.”
The winners will be announced on the Trust’s Twitter and Facebook pages with a full list published on www.york.nhs.uk
15 October 2019