In this section
New NHS physiotherapy service launched
A new physiotherapy service, specialising in the management of musculoskeletal (MSK) pain, long term conditions and self-help has been launched today (3 April 2017).
Covering the Vale of York and East Riding, the service includes one to one sessions, group sessions and access to a new NHS physiotherapy website. The YOURPHYSIO website contains lots of useful help and advice on the self management of MSK issues, how to access services - including self referral, as well as information about the team.
On YOURPHYSIO patients will find:
- Online advice and resources, including videos and useful exercises to improve their MSK health
- Advice on how to manage common injuries and pain problems
- Access to a Conditions Directory which may help them understand their condition and help them take some simple steps to improve the problem
- Advice for people living with a long term pain problem including advice about medications, exercises and lot of useful hints and tips to remaining active while living with persisting pain
- Advice on how to make positive lifestyles choices - including information about the effect daily lives have on musculoskeletal health, how to stop smoking and how to maintain a healthy weight
- How to join local educational groups and exercise sessions
To learn more visit the website by clicking on the link below.
03 April 2017