In this section
St Monica's Easingwold
The hospital was founded in 1893 by Mrs Katherine Love, a member of a family of generous local benefactors living on the Hawkhills estate near Easingwold. At first it was known as Easingwold Cottage Hospital but later renamed St Monica's. Saint Monica was an early Christian saint and the mother of St. Augustine of Hippo.
In 1948 the hospital was taken over by the state and in April 2011 management of the hospital was transferred to York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
Click here for the latest information about visiting during Covid-19.
We also have a virtual visiting service.
T: (01347) 821214 or (01904) 724825
F: (01347) 821046