This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here. Hide this message

Our services

Further support for adults 

Patients in York can find out more about the support available by contacting City of York Council.

Click here to find out more or contact:

Adults Social Care Team
West Offices, Station Rise, York, YO1 6GA
Tel: 01904 55511

Access to work support

An Access to Work grant can pay for practical support if you have a disability, health or mental health condition.

Click here to find out more.

Apply for a Disabled Persons Railcard

If you have hearing loss you are eligible to apply for a railcard. Click here to find out more. 

Other useful contacts:

British Deaf Association

Head office

3rd Floor, 356 Holloway Road, London, N7 6PA

Tel: 020 7697 4140  


Action on hearing loss (formerly RNID)   

Tel: 0808 808 0123 

Textphone: 0808 808 9000

SMS: 0780 0000 360


Deaf Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (Deaf CAMHS)

Based at Lime Trees

Telephone: 01904 294231

Mobile / SMS:  07964 294326

Fax: 01904 294154.

The team are available from Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm.

Hearing dogs

Telephone: 01844 348 100 

Textphone: 01844 348 100


Sense (for Deafblind People)

Telephone: 03003309250 / 02075200972

Textphone: 03003309256



Yorsensory is York’s new service for anyone with any degree of sight loss, hearing loss or both.

The service is part of the Wilberforce Trust and offers information and signposting, equipment demonstration, groups and activities and outreach. If you or someone you know is struggling with sight, hearing or both then we are here to help.

Open Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm

Tel: 01904 202292



A-Z of Services


Your Visit

Chinese Poland

View all languages >