In this section
Cancer nurse specialists
We are a team of nurses who specialise in the care and support of people with a diagnosed skin cancer. This may include melanomas, squamous cell carcinoma and basal cell carcinoma skin cancers.
If you have any questions about your treatment or investigations and require further information and support, please contact your key worker on: 01904 721719. We have a voicemail facility if you wish to leave a message, which we check regularly and return calls.
Cancer support at the Trust
Our cancer care centres provide information, support, complementary therapies and a listening ear for patients with cancer and their families.
- Cancer care centre at York Hospital
- The Cancer Information and Support Service at Scarborough Hospital
- Health and Wellbeing Support
- Living With & Beyond Cancer
Useful information and approved websites
Click on the links below for information
Sun Safety and vitamin D
- How to check your skin
- Self-examination body mapping
- Skin cancer: how to reduce the risk of getting a second one
Patient information leaflets
- Raising awareness through education promoting prevention and early detection campaigning for change
- British Association of Dermatologists
- DermNet NZ
- British Association of Skin Camouflage - 01978 265760
- Changing Faces - 0300 012 0275
- Melanoma UK - 0808 171 2455
- British Skin Foundation - 020 7391 6341
- Veterans UK
*Page checked and updated June 2019.