In this section
Useful links and further information
- Alcohol Change UK - https://alcoholchange.org.uk
A charity promoting alcohol change, working towards improved knowledge, better policies and regulation, shifted cultural norms, improved drinking behaviours and more and better support and treatment.
- Alpha-1 Support Group - https://alpha1.org.uk
- American Liver Foundation - https://liverfoundation.org
- British Liver Trust - https://britishlivertrust.org.uk
The UKs leading liver health charity
- British Society of Gastroenterology – https://www.bsg.org.uk
- Cancer Research UK - https://www.cancerresearchuk.org
- Children’s Liver Disease Foundation - https://childliverdisease.org
- Digestive Disorders Foundation - https://digestive-disorders-foundation
- Haemochromatosis Society - https://www.haemochromatosis.org.uk
- The Hepatitis B Positive Trust - https://www.hepbpositive.org.uk
Aiming to end the silence around Hepatitis B infections and draw together people with Hepatitis B to give them a collective voice and the ability to support each other.
- The Hepatitis C Trust - https://www.hepctrust.org.uk
Raising public awareness of the virus, ending discrimination about people with Hepatitis C and creating an active community of patients
- Love Your Liver - https://britishlivertrust.org.uk/information-and-support/liver-health-2/love-your-liver
A British Liver Trust national awareness campaign devoted to liver health awareness and giving people the key steps needed to keep their liver healthy.
- NHS: Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease - https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/non-alcoholic-fatty-liver-disease
Find information about non-alcoholic fatty liver disease on the NHS website.
- NHS: BMI healthy weight calculator - https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-weight/bmi-calculator
Use the calculator on the NHS website to check your body mass index and find out if you are a healthy weight.
- Novartis - https://www.novartis.com
Information on transplants
- PBC Foundation - https://www.pbcfoundation.org.uk
A charity offering support to PBC sufferers, their family and friends,
- PSC Support UK - https://www.pscsupport.org.uk
Helping anyone affected by PSC and driving research towards a cure.
- Patient UK - https://patient.info
The Wellness Toolbox – Cirrhosis, providing nutrition and exercise resources to help you stay healthy when living with cirrhosis.
- Wilson’s Disease Support Group UK - https://wilsonsdisease.org.uk
Support, education and outreach for people living with Wilson’s disease, their family and friends.
Local alcohol and drug services:
- North Yorkshire Horizon
- Atlas Lifeline
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA)
- Alcohol Addiction – support for family and friends