Liver services in York Hospitals
York Liver service treats a variety of liver conditions, including:
- Fatty liver disease
- Alcoholic liver disease
- Viral liver disease e.g. Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C
- Genetic conditions such as alpha-1 anti-trypsin deficiency, haemochromatosis and Wilson’s
- Primary billiary cirrhosis (PBC)
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis
- Autoimmune hepatitis
- Cirrhosis – all causes
- Portal hypertension
- Liver tumours – benign and malignant
Patients with advanced liver disease may require specialist services such as liver transplant or surgery, which are not provided in York. We have close links with transplant centres in Leeds and Newcastle as well as regular special meetings with liver cancer specialists in Leeds.
It is important that you have all relevant blood tests before your first appointment with hepatology. Please ask your GP to ensure this is done.
To find out more information, please click on a link below: