Respiratory Medicine is concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of conditions affecting the lungs.
We offer a high quality Respiratory Medicine service covering all aspects of the specialty including;
- Airways diseases (Asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Interstitial lung diseases (Extrinsic Allergic and Fibrosing Alveolitis)
- Lung cancer
- Cystic fibrosis (click here to go to the Cystic Fibrosis Unit website)
- Sleep apnoea
- Other lung infections
Services are provided at York and Scarborough Hopsitals while Outpatients clinics are held at Bridlington, Whitby and Malton Hospitals.
For more information about services at York Hospital click here.
For more information about services at Scarborough Hospital click here.
- British Thoracic Society
- British Lung Foundation
- British Sleep Apnoea Trust Association
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Asthma UK
- Roy Castle Foundation
- BreatheEasy (British Lung Foundation)
- St Catherine’s Hospice
Information to help you
Click here to go to our Cystic Fibrosis Unit website