Respiratory Medicine - Scarborough Hospital
At Scarborough Hospital we have a very active, comprehensive, Respiratory inpatient and outpatient service centred in a friendly and high quality Respiratory Unit .
We are well supported by the Respiratory Specialist Nurse team and Specialist Physiotherapy team, which is well integrated with Community Services for COPD, and ILD who cover a wide and attractive geographic area.
- Acute Inpatient NIV Service with ITU backup
- Macmillian Unit with Specialist Lung Cancer Nurse
- Full diagnostic facilities including bronchoscopy, CT, MRI
- Pulmonary Function Lab (Cardio-respiratory Department)
- Oncology and onsite chemotherapy
- Weekly Cardiothoracic Surgical OP
- Close links with Hull Cancer Centre
- Excellent Palliative Care input
- Oxygen Assessment Service
- Respiratory Physiotherapy & Pulmonary Rehabilitation service
- Community Respiratory Practitioner
- Scarborough General Hospital - full facilities
- Bridlington District Hospital - Outpatient
- Whitby Community Hospital - Outpatient
- Malton Community Hospital - Outpatient
Where to find us?
- Respiratory Unit (Office), Level 1, South Wing, Scarborough Hospital
- Beech Ward, Level 2, South Wing, Scarborough Hospital
- Physiotherapy Department, Howarth Unit, Level 0, North Wing, Scarborough Hospital
- Cardio-respiratory Department, Level 1, North Wing, Scarborough Hospital
- Macmillan Unit, Level 0, North Wing, Scarborough Hospital
Referrals are taken via health care professionals in the community or hospital settings. Outpatient Clinics are held in Scarborough, Bridlington, Whitby and Malton.
Referrals for Pulmonary Rehabilitation can be made to the relevant Physiotherapy Team:
Respiratory Physiotherapy Team
Level 0, North Wing
SCARBOROUGH YO12 5QL
Tel: 01723 342259
Fax: 01723 385294
|Bridlington||ER Pulmonary Rehabilitation Team
Beverley Health Centre
Beverley HU17 7BZ
Tel: 01482 347929
Fax: 01482 347930
Meet the team
Click on the document below for more information about the team.
|Morag Mackenzie||Medical Secretary (Scarborough)|
|Lynne Sutcliffe||Medical Secretary (Bridlington)|
|Jill Pickard||Respiratory Nursing Team (Scarborough)|