Speech and Language Therapy - Adults
We provide the Adult Speech and Language Therapy Service for York, Scarborough, Whitby and Ryedale.
Our objective is to provide assessment, rehabilitation, advice and support to adults (18+) with communication and/or swallowing difficulties.
We provide a range of services to the hospital and surrounding community through the following clinics:
- Acute inpatient clinic (including critical care, acute stroke unit, head and neck and general medical and surgical wards)
- Stroke rehabilitation unit
- Community Stroke Discharge Team
- Community Reablement Units for the Elderly
- Outpatient clinics for progressive neurology, head and neck, voice, dysphagia and communication
- Home visit service for Selby and York locality
- Communication groups
- Carer support and drop-in clinics for head and neck patients
- Weekly videofluoroscopy clinics led by Speech and Language Therapists
- Inpatient and outpatient services to community hospitals in the locality
- Regular input to Multi Disciplinary Team services for all client groups
Further information on the clinical areas we cover can be found by following the links below:
You can read more about the services at Scarborough, Whitby and Ryedale for adults with acquired disorders here.
We provide an annual in-service training programme for other staff on communication and swallowing as well as participating with local universities in clinical practice for Speech and Language Therapy and nursing students. For more information on student placements please follow the link below:
Meet the team
Click here for details.
Please feel free to contact our office if you have any questions.
|Speech and Language Therapy|
Tel: 01904 725768
Our objective is to provide assessment, rehabilitation, advice and support to adults with communication and/or swallowing difficulties.