In this section
Sadly our planned mass-participation challenge events have fallen victim to COVID-19 for the rest of the year. The great news in we have not one, but TWO fantastic events coming up that you can take part in from home or your local area!
Prudential MyRide London Cycling event - 15th & 16th August
Join us for My RideLondon virtual cycle ride this August!
This iconic festival of cycling which usually takes place each year has been cancelled for 2020, but organisers have come up with a fantastic way to get involved wherever you are!
- Simply register here and choose your distance; either 19 miles, 46 miles or 100 miles or even set your own distance to ride
- Choose to support York Teaching Hospital Charity and set up a page to receive your free charity t-shirt!
- Download the event app to log your progress, follow the official route and even take a finish line selfie along the famous mall
- Complete your cycle over the weekend of 15th&16th August
- Receive your personalised certificate
So, what are you waiting for? Get on your bike and head to the event website to learn more and register to support your local hospital here!
Your Race Reimagined- The Virtual Great North Run - 13th September
On Sunday 13 September the GNR have organised an official 13.1 mile virtual race to participate in. The aim is to make it as close an experience as possible to the real event so that you’ll be inspired to lace up your trainers and complete the 13.1 miles.
The Official Virtual Great North Run will be available to enter free of charge, regardless of whether you had a place in this year’s Great North Run.
You can fundraise for charity and ask friends and family to sponsor you to complete the virtual challenge. If you would like to fundraise for York Teaching Hospital Charity get in touch with our charity team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01904 724521.
Entries open on Monday 3rd August.
Find out more here!