In this section
New Doctors Starter Information
Welcome to York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, we are very pleased that you have accepted our offer. This page is designed to help make your on-boarding a smooth and pleasant experience.
Occupational Health Documentation
The following occupational health forms will need completing and sending directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org by all doctors. Please note changeover and international doctors will be required to complete a different occupational health questionnaire as indicated below:
- Consent to transfer immunisation records
- Consent to transfer copies of occupational health records
- Health surveillance skin questionnaire
- Covid-19 health questionnaire
- Occupation Health questionnaire (changeover doctors only)
- Occupational Health questionnaire (international doctors only)
- Occupational Health questionnaire (all other doctors)
Occupational Health clearance is required before you can be employed
Please return all the necessary paperwork and requested evidence at least one month prior to employment.
Should you require blood tests, these take time to arrange and gain back results hence the need for you to respond as quickly as possible.
Right to Work
Proof of your right to work in the UK will be required. Please speak to a member of the Medical Staffing team if you will require a certificate of sponsorship.
To begin the on-boarding process we require scanned copies of the following ID documentation be sent to: email@example.com
- 1 photo ID in combination with 2 address ID documents
- 2 photo ID in combination with 1 address ID document
- Please see pre-employment check guide below for information on acceptable documents
- Degree certificate (please provide a translation if not in English)
- GMC or GDC certificate
- DBS certificate (if you are on the update service you will need to provide us with the DBS number and issue date to enable us to perform an online check)
- Overseas police check (if applicable) - you must provide a criminal record certificate for any country (excluding the UK) where you have lived for 12 months or more (whether continuous or in total), in the 10 years before your application, while aged 18 or over. You will be required to apply for a UK DBS within 3 months of joining the Trust, which we will facilitate.
Please note you will be required to bring all the original documents for checking on your first day.
All new medical and dental starters
In addition to the ID documents above, all new doctors are required to complete the following documents and forward these to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wherever possible please return the forms in their original word format. A copy of the payroll form will be available for you to sign when you complete your document checks on your first day.
Changeover doctors only
In addition to the above you will also need to complete:
- Previous employment / referee details (if new to the training programme)