- Our area
- About us
- Other opportunities
- Information for applicants
- Practice Education Team
- Staff Benefits and Wellbeing
Work Related Working Grant
Work Related Learning Grant Scheme Guidance
2017 not yet open for applications
The Charitable Funds Committee supports the development of an annual grant for staff which would enhance their learning and education. This process will also be embedded into the Celebration of Achievement event; where by the winner/winners will be invited to the event. The purpose of this grant is to help towards the improvement of the patient experience by the investment in developing staff, to improve staffs understanding and the stimulation of new ideas.
The scheme is open to all permanent members of staff that have been with the Trust for a minimum of two years. The chosen learning opportunity must either enhance Trust services or the patient experience, directly or indirectly. The grant can be used for visiting other organisations, course fees, travel costs, backfill costs and accommodation.
The grant will be awarded to one or more applicants against the following criteria :
- The individual has to have worked for the Trust for two years or more and be a permanent member of staff
- The individual is up to date with their current statutory and mandatory training requirements, has had an up-to-date appraisal and has had their application for pay progression approved (where applicable)
- The learning opportunity identified will add to the individual’s ability to enhance patient care (directly or indirectly) or the Trust’s services
- All staff at all levels can apply.
- The learning can either be experiential/ observational learning such as shadowing another organisation to seek best practice or a formal qualification.
- The individual must show how the grant will support their learning including the benefits to the organisation
- If the individual has secured funding from an alternative scheme, e.g. INSPIRE, they cannot apply
Click here to return to the main Staff Benefits menu.