- Our area
- About us
- Other opportunities
- Information for applicants
- Practice Education Team
- Staff Benefits and Wellbeing
Five steps to wellbeing - caring for you
Good mental wellbeing is just as important as good physical wellbeing. Just like the 'five a day' foods, evidence suggests there are five steps we can all take to improve our mental wellbeing.
We have created a booklet to help you stay well with some straightforward principles - Connect, Be Active, Take Notice, Learn and Give. Simple things we can do in our everyday lives.
Try it for yourself - check out the Five Steps to Mental Wellbeing page on NHS Choices
Anxiety and depression
Whatever you need to know about coping with stress, anxiety or depression, or just generally improving your emotional wellbeing, the NHS Choices Moodzone can help. It offers practical, useful information, interactive tools, and videos to support you on your way to feeling better.
A-Z of mental health
If you have concerns about any aspect of mental health the Mind website has an amazing array of resources to help people understand and cope with mental health problems.Click here to view the list
Guide to Mental Health and Wellbeing available in York.
to access the guide click here.
Wellbeing support services
A variety of support for better mental and physical health is available in the Trust.
- NHS Choices - advice on weight loss and maintaining a healthy weight
- NHS Choices - advice on stop smoking
- NHS Choices - advice on increasing physical activity
Drugs and alcohol support
- Lifeline York: 01904 464680
Mon and Thurs 11:00 – 19:30hrs, Tues, Weds, Fri – 09:00 – 17:00
- North Yorkshire Horizons Scarborough: 01723 330730
Mon, Tues ,Weds, Thurs 09:00 – 17:00, Fri 09:00 – 19:30
- Drinkline: 0800 917 8282 (24 hours) www.nhs.uk/livewell/alcohol
- Alcoholics Anonymous: 0800 9177 650 (24 hours) www.alcoholics-anonymous.org.uk
- Narcotics Anonymous: 0300 999 1212 (1000 – 0000hrs) www.ukna.org
- Talk to Frank: 0300 123 6600 (24 hours) Text 82111 for quick answers www.talktofrank.com
Support for families:
- Al-Anon: 0207 403 0888 (1000 – 2200hrs) www.al-anonuk.org.uk
Fast Track Physiotherapy for Staff
Download self referral form here.
Confidential Care (CiC)
Your free and confidential information, support and counselling service available 24hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
· Debt and financial management
· Legal and tax advice
· Everyday matters
· Family care
· Counselling and emotional support
This service is completely confidential and your details are not shared with your employer. In rare cases where it is thought a person may be at risk of harming themselves or others, this confidentiality may need to be broken. All CiC counsellors are accredited or registered with BACP or equivalent professional body.
Your calls are not discussed with your employer however provide general statistics are given to the occupational health services team
How to access this service
Telephone: 0800 085 1376
Text relay: 18001 0800 085 1376
(for people with hearing or speech impairments)
Online and live chat: Well-online.co.uk
User name: yhlogin
Click here to return to the main Staff Benefits menu.