In this section
Anaesthetists are doctors with specialist training. They are experts in looking after all patients around the time of; surgical operations, child-birth, critical illness and conditions which cause acute and chronic pain.
What we do
Anaesthetists give expert care to surgical patients by:
- assessing your fitness for anaesthesia and surgery
- optimising your general condition
- caring safely for you through operations and managing your operation pain and other health problems.
Your anaesthetist will see you before your operation and talk about all aspects of your anaesthetic with you. They will be with you throughout your operation and make sure you are comfortable afterwards. They also look after patients in our Intensive Care Unit should you need extra support after your operation.
For general enquiries email: Anaesthetic.Office@york.nhs.uk or telephone 01904 725398 / 01904 725399
York Hospital contact:
- G1 surgical admissions 01904 726001
- Day Unit surgical admissions 01904 726010
Scarborough Hospital contact:
- Day surgery 01723 342209
Bridlington Hospital contact:
- Short stay and day surgery 01262 423134
- Orthopaedic surgery 01262 423110
Information leaflets and resources
Visit our patient information leaflets pages to view and download moreinformation on:
For general enquiries telephone: 01904 725398 or 725399