In this section
Diabetes Specialist Team (Scarborough)
The Diabetes Team based at Scarborough Hospital offer support and education for adults and children with diabetes mellitus, their families and carers, and health care professionals.
The team are responsible for the delivery of Specialist diabetes services across Scarborough Rydale locality
We are a multi-disciplinary team, including Consultants, Diabetes Specialist Nurses, Paediatric Specialist Nurse, Diabetes Dietitians and Support Worker.
- We offer specialist consultant-led diabetes team services in:
- Children and teenagers with diabetes,
- Transition and Young Adult ,
- Diabetes Ante Natal care,
- Insulin Pump and Continuous glucose monitoring service.
- Multidisciplinary Diabetes Foot Team
- Supporting people with diabetes who come into hospital to self-manage their diabetes and advise the medical and nursing teams caring for them on their diabetes management.
- Education and support of people with diabetes and their families in the management of complicated diabetes issues, either in nurse-led clinics or telephone support.
- Development and delivery of education programmes for hospital–based and community health care professionals
Services are provided at:
- Scarborough General Hospital
- Malton Community Hospital
- Bridlington Hospital
Diabetes Office, Cardio-respiratory Unit, First Floor of Scarborough Hospital.
Diabetes Office – 01723 342274
- Diabetes UK
- NHS Diabetes
Are taken via health care professionals from community or hospital settings