In this section
Haematology/Oncology Unit (ward 31)
Services changes due to coronavirus
We are here to deliver high standards of care to patients with complications relating to their diagnosis of cancer.
- offer a 24 hour telephone triage service
- give regular blood transfusions
- support patients during their chemotherapy treatments
- offer support of other services such as palliative care, social services, rehab centres, district nurses
- have a psychologist on the ward one afternoon a week
- make our own nutritious smoothies and offer lots of nutritional support
Where to find us and what to bring
We are situated on level 3, junction 5 at York Hospital.
Please wash your hands at the hand basin prior to entering the ward and please bring any medications that you are currently taking.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us on 01904 726031.
Meet the team
Angela Darby – Oncology Consultant
Laura Munro – Haematology Consultant
Ian Fowler - Ward Manager