In this section
IBD Specialist Nurse team
The IBD nursing service aims to provide patients with information and support, allowing for self-management where appropriate, while providing prompt access to advice, care and treatment as a priority.
This is achieved in a variety of ways
- supporting patients at the time of diagnosis and providing on-going
- providing patient education
- providing counselling and monitoring for medications
- co-ordinating care and referring to other health
professionals as required.
The IBD Specialist Nurses in York offer an expert service
and work closely with the Gastroenterology Consultants and other members of the
Multidisciplinary team to manage a caseload of patients and will:
- review patients in clinic to assess disease activity and
response to medications, change treatment where indicated and provide on-going
education and support
- provide advice by telephone or email to patients and other health
- assess, monitor and support patients receiving disease
modifying and biologic therapies
- refer to and liaise with other health professionals as
- provide a link between hospital and community services.
The IBD Specialist Nurses in York aim to deliver a
continually evolving service for inpatients and outpatients with inflammatory bowel
- working locally, regionally and nationally to develop the
role as indicated by current and emerging evidence base, providing advanced
nursing expertise and leadership at strategic level
- delivering appropriate training and teaching for healthcare professionals within the hospital.
The IBD Specialist Nurses in York offer an expert service and work closely with the Gastroenterology Consultants.