In this section
The most common causes of knee pain is arthritis - osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Normally a doctor would recommend a course of pain relief before considering whether surgery is necessary.
Your doctor will consider the quality of the life you lead. When simple everyday activities such as walking or climbing the stairs become difficult and painful, it may be necessary to think about knee surgery.
You may require a total knee replacement or a keyhole procedure to strengthen the ligaments around your knee. Knee surgery takes place at our York and Bridlington sites.
If you require urgent surgery to your knee joint following a fall or an accident, this would be undertaken in our trauma centres at York and Scarborough.
- Application of a Focused Rigidity Removal below knee weight bearing soft cast - Part 1 items you will need for completion of the cast
- Application of a Focused Rigidity Removal below knee weight bearing soft cast - Part 2 positioning of limb and application of cast
Patient information downloads
For further information or advice please contact the following:
York: 01904 726627 or email: email@example.com
East Coast: 01723 385271 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Patella dislocation
- Proximal Fibula fracture no FU
- Proximal Fibula fracture with FU
- Soft tissue knee no FU
- Soft tissue knee with follow up
- Undisplaced Patella fracture