In this section
The Specialist Nurses who work in the pain clinic can help and support you in the management of your pain. They will work with you on both a 1:1 basis and/or in a joint or group format in the following ways:
- Advice and support in the use of pain medication and how to use it more effectively. This may include reducing your medication if appropriate
- Issuing and reviewing the use of a TENS machine (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation)
- Developing your understanding of long term pain and its complexities to help you move forward with self-management strategies.
- Advice and support in the use of a SCS (Spinal Cord Stimulator) including input into the SCS Pain Management Programme.
- Nurse-led clinics involving the review of the SCS device which may include reprogramming.
- Input into the 4 week and the 12 session Pain Management Programmes