In this section
Physiotherapy in cardiac rehabilitation
What we do
- Assessment and analysis of client function and risk stratification for safe exercise
- Prescription and evaluation of individual and group exercise programmes.
- Education about cardiac misconceptions and secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease
- Long term maintenance strategies and health promotion including activity and lifestyle.
- Support return to work and previous hobbies/sports.
- Stress Management and practical delivery of relaxation.
- Holistic patient assessment and appropriate referral/signposting to local amenities
Where we are
Rehabilitation programmes are currently provided within the Physio departments Scarborough Hospital.