In this section
Tuberculosis (TB) Nursing Service – North Yorkshire
The North Yorkshire Tuberculosis Nursing Service is a small, friendly team based in York covering the whole of North Yorkshire. The service is delivered by Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust
We support patients undergoing treatment for active tuberculosis (TB) and latent TB infection (LTBI).
We offer screening to:
- People who have been in contact with a person diagnosed with TB.
- People who have arrived in the UK from a country where TB is common in the last five years.
- We offer BCG vaccination to children over the age of one year, if vaccination was missed at birth.
We'll contact you if you have been recently diagnosed with active TB or latent TB infection. We will telephone or write to you to invite you to be screened if you have been identified as a contact of TB or if we have received your details as a new GP registrant. We accept referrals from any route, including via GPs.
If you are concerned about active TB or latent TB infection or you wish to discuss anything related to TB, TB screening or the BCG vaccination please contact the team directly and we would be very happy to talk to you.
Call: 01423 555734
Working hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Online appointments via 'Attend Anywhere' coming soon.
- Click here to watch a TB symptoms animation
- NHS guide to Tuberculosis - the disease, its treatment and prevention
- NHS guide to your Tuberculosis medication
Latent TB and screening
- Click here to watch a latent Tuberculosis screening animation
- NHS guide to latent Tuberculosis
- NHS guide to your latent Tuberculosis treatment
- Click here to read information featured in the GP North Yorkshire Infection Prevention and Control Bulletin
- TB alert website - TB alert is a UK based charity which works to tackle tuberculosis in the UK and the developing world