The Orthotic service provides assessment and treatment of patients requiring advice and orthoses to aid functional mobility and immobilisation.
Orthotists are HCPC registered practitioners.
We offer an outpatient service, receiving referrals from a variety of healthcare practitioners.
The service is provided at:
- The York Hospital
- Scarborough General Hospital
- Bridlington District Hospital
- The New Selby War Memorial Hospital
- Special Schools
Where to find us
- York Hospital - the Orthotic Department is located in the entrance to the Physiotherapy/Occupational Therapy Department at Junction 2 on the Ground floor.
- Scarborough Hospital - the Orthotic Department is located in the Haworth Unit.
- Bridlington Hospital - the Orthotic Department is located on the ground floor.
- The New Selby War Memorial Hospital - Orthotic Clinics take place in the Main Out-patient Department on the ground floor
Who to contact to find out more information
Please email email@example.com for more information.
At your appointment
At your appointment you will be assessed by the Orthotist . Following this assessment you may be measured for bespoke items such as footwear, or advised where to purchase widely available retail items, the department will facilitate the purchase of these.
You may also be advised that no appliance is necessary.