Attending your consultation from anywhere
We are offering video consultations to some patients who have been identified by their healthcare professional as someone who may be suitable for this type of appointment.
Video consultations allow patients to consult with their clinician remotely through a video feed on their devices, including phones, tablets, laptops and desktop computers. The technology offers greater choice and flexibility for patients for some of their appointments and reduces the need to travel.
How to use 'Attend Anywhere'
If you are using the video consultations for the first time we would recommend watching this video which will give you an idea of how your video consultation will work.
What do I need?
- You can use Attend Anywhere on any PC, laptop, tablet or mobile device
- You will need a web-camera, speakers and microphone - these are often built into laptops or mobile devices
- A good connection to the internet: If you can watch a video online (e.g. YouTube) you can make a video call
- A private, well-lit area where you will not be disturbed during the consultation
- You will need to use one of the following web browsers:
Please note, 'Attend Anywhere' will not work with Internet Explorer.
Am I ready to make video calls?
You can test your equipment in advance by clicking the button below.
For more information about technical requirements, please click here.
After your consultation
As this is relatively new way of conducting appointments, you may be redirected to a short survey asking about your experience using video consultations. Please fill this out if possible as it provides valuable feedback to improve your experience using Attend Anywhere. Please use the opportunity to tell us about things that worked well for you and areas where we could improve the experience for other patients.
Once you are ready, please click on the relevant speciality for your appointment.
- Acute Oncology - Scarborough
- Acute Oncology - York
- Children’s Centre - York
- Children's Clinics - Scarborough
- Children's Therapy Services - Scarborough, Whitby and Ryedale
- Children's Therapy Services - York
- Community Response and Therapy teams
- Community Specialist Palliative Care team
- General Surgery (Breast)
- General Surgery (Colorectal)
- General Surgery (Upper GI)
- General Surgery (Urology)
- Head and Neck - York
- Hip, Knee, Foot and Ankle
- MSK service
- Oncology - Scarborough
- Oncology - York
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Orthodontic and Restorative Dentistry
- Pain Management Therapies
- Palliative Medicine Outpatients - Scarborough
- Palliative Medicine Outpatients - York
- Pelvic Health Physiotherapy
- Psychological Medicine
- Rheumatology Therapies
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Tier 3 Weight Management Programme
- Tissue Viability Service
- York Rapid Diagnostic Centre