In this section
Useful information and approved websites
Click on the links below for information specific to melanoma or non melanoma skin cancers:
Sun Safety and vitamin D
- Sun safety advice booklet
- NHS sun safety
- A second skin cancer?
- Vitamin D - General advice
- Vitamin D - Advice after melanoma
How to check your skin
Lymph node assessment
Worried about your scar?
Following surgical removal of a skin cancer some scarring is inevitable. The size and location of your scar may cause you anxiety about your altered body image. The specialist nurse team are here to support you through this time of worry and moving forwards. Please contact us on the specialist nurse advice line, 01904 721719, for further support and advice.
Below are some useful websites where you can gain further information and support related to post surgical scarring:
- NHS information on the management of scars
- What is a keloid scar?
- Boots Macmillan beauty advisor
- Changing Faces
Macmillan cancer and coronavirus information
- British Association of Dermatologists
- British Association of Skin Camouflage - 01978 265760
- British Skin Foundation - 020 7391 6341
- Changing Faces - 0300 012 0275
- DermNet NZ
- Melanoma UK - 0808 171 2455
- Raising awareness through education promoting prevention and early detection campaigning for change
- Understanding skin cancer types
- Veterans UK