In this section
Physiotherapy in cardiac rehabilitation
What we do
- Assessment and analysis of client function and risk stratification for safe exercise
- Prescription and evaluation of individual and group exercise programmes.
- Education about cardiac misconceptions and secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease
- Long term maintenance strategies and health promotion including activity and lifestyle.
- Support return to work and previous hobbies/sports.
- Stress Management and practical delivery of relaxation.
- Holistic patient assessment and appropriate referral/signposting to local amenities
Where we are
Rehabilitation programmes are currently provided within the Physio departments at York Hospital and Selby War Memorial Hospital.
1:1 appointments and home visits are also provided for relevant patients. The Physiotherapist works closely within the Hospital and Community Cardiac Rehab Teams, and the local York Coronary Support Group and City of York Council, Department of Active Leisure.