In this section
Respiratory Medicine - York Hospital
At York Hospital we offer a high quality Respiratory Medicine service covering all aspects of the specialty including;
- Airways diseases (Asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Interstitial lung diseases (Extrinsic Allergic and Fibrosing Alveolitis)
- Lung cancer
- Cystic fibrosis (click here to go to the Cystic Fibrosis Unit website)
- Sleep apnoea
- Other lung infections
Services are provided by a multidisciplinary team including;
- Six Consultant Physicians
- Two Specialist Registrars
- Two Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeons (based in Castle Hill Hospital, Hull)
- Consultant Oncologists
- Consultant Radiologists
- Respiratory Nurse Specialists
- Ward nursing staff
- Pulmonary physiology team who all work together to provide optimum management of York patients.
York Teaching Hospital Summary of Bronchiectasis Management for primary Care.
Patients with Bronchiectasis can download a self management plan here.
Meet the team
Click here to find out more about our respiratory team.
Clinical Director - Dr Gerry Robins
Directorate Manager - Karen Cowley
Deputy Directorate Manager - Alex Sharp
Directorate Secretary - Annette Farrington (contact: 01904 725238)