In this section
The Gynaecology Specialist Nursing Team
The Gynaecology Specialist Nursing team work as part of the Multi Disciplinary Team (MDT) to coordinate care and provide continuity for all patients with gynaecological cancers. We specialize in the care of women with cancer of the endometrium (womb), ovary / primary peritoneal , cervix and vulva.
What can we offer?
- A point of contact during investigations and treatment
- Time to discuss your diagnosis
- Information and advice about all aspects of gynaecological cancers
- Emotional support through diagnosis and treatment
- Contact / referral to other services involved in your care
- Available to discuss any aspect of your care and management
We are involved with patients at key points from investigations, diagnosis and treatment throughout their cancer journey. At each point of contact, we can assess information needs / psychological needs and can make any referrals to other services (eg, community Macmillan team) as required.