In this section
1. The lottery is run as a small society lottery under the terms of the Gambling Act 2005.The Trust through appropriate mechanisms regulates the conduct of the Lottery.
2. Entry to the Lottery is limited to the members of staff employed by the York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust who are aged 16 and over. Membership is not transferable to any other person.
3. Payment of entry fees can only be made by a direct deduction from salary.If you are employee's on a bank contract (weekly pay) it is your responsibility to set up a standing order. You will need to set up a standing order with your bank to pay for your number/s. The standing order is to be made payable to: 'YORK TEACH HOSP NHS FT' Sort Code 60-70-80 Account Number 10007652.Each number is £2 per month. Please set up standing orders to be paid on the 25th of the month and use reference 'SL/payroll number/name'
4. No prize shall be paid or delivered by the promoters to any person other than the person to whom the winning number was allocated.
5. Members may join or leave the scheme at any time. Joining will be effected by completing a written application including a signed authority to deduct the appropriate amount from salary. Withdrawal will be by one month's written notification to the promoter, or on ceasing to be employed by the Trust.
6. Draws will be held monthly on the third Tuesday of each month. Two members of staff from the lottery administration team will undertake each draw in the presence of an independent witness. Each Draw will be performed by a random number generator.
7. At each draw the appropriate number of winning numbers will be drawn and allocated to the prizes available in descending order of prize value. No number will be eligible for more than one prize in each monthly draw.
8. Prize money will only be paid in the form of a cheque in the name of the person to whom the winning chance number was allocated.
9.If any subscription is not received on the date it falls due, the relevant number will be immediately suspended from the draw until subscriptions recommence. After three months numbers will be withdrawn and you will need to reapply.
10. All winners will be notified by either email or letter, in addition posters indicating winning names and numbers will be placed on notice boards and on the intranet.
11. The whole proceeds after deduction of relevant expenses, will be devoted to:
a) The provision of prizes
b) Staff benefits in the Trust
12. The value of prizes will be maintained as close to 50% of annual takings as is possible.
13. Chances will cost £2 each per month. Members may purchase up to 10 chances.
14. The Lottery committee may vary the entry fee at any time provided that they notify the members at least one month in advance and that the value of prizes is maintained as close to 50% of annual taking as is possible.
15. All lottery entry fees are final and no refund will be made at any time. All members acknowledge that their payment of £2.00 per chance does not guarantee that they will win any prize.
16. In the event of a dispute about the interpretation of the rules or conduct of the draw, the decision of the Trust shall be final.
17. The promoter reserves the right to amend these rules at any time and will publish the amended rules.
18.The promoter, with previous consent will use winners details in publications such as Staff Lottery Winners list and on social media to promote the staff lottery and its winners.
Click here to return to the main Staff Benefits menu.