In this section
- Our area
- About us
- Other opportunities
- Information for applicants
- Staff Benefits and Wellbeing
- Procurement and Suppliers
- Get Cycling - 10% discount on bikes, parts and accessories (excluding Cyclescheme sales and Pashley bikes)
- Fleetways Taxis - 10% discount
Staff Liftshare Scheme
Looking to save money and make car parking easier on-site? Then this may be for you!
The Trust has entered into a partnership with Liftshare to encourage and increase car sharing for staff. The benefits of car-sharing include:
· Free to join
· Reduced travel costs
· Cutting congestion and pollution
· It’s a great way of networking, meeting new colleagues and making new friends
· Reducing parking problems
· Making journeys to work less stressful
· Flexibility – simply share when you can, even if it’s for one day a week!
· Can be used for commuting to work, or for inter-site travel during the working day
Staff who sign up and share journeys with a colleague will be able to park for free on site as long as they display two permits and park in the designated car sharing bays.
At present Car Park A at York is designated for car sharers, whilst in Scarborough a new area will be set up depending on demand. The scheme will be rolled out Trust-wide in due course so staff who work at all sites will be able to access it.
A ‘guaranteed ride home scheme’ will be set up shortly, so staff will have the re-assurance of a ride home should their Liftshare partner need to depart earlier than planned.
You can join the scheme whether you drive or not! Either offer a lift or request a lift – the more members that join, the more options will be available to share a journey!
To sign up to the Trust Liftshare scheme visit: Liftshare
For further benefits about car-sharing visit: www.liftshare.com/uk/community/faqs
Please note: You are only eligible for free car parking if you and your sharer have both already been allocated a staff parking permit.
Click here to return to the main Staff Benefits menu.