In this section
Bridlington Hospital was officially opened by the Duchess of Gloucester on May 16 1989, bringing together services from three former hospitals. The hospital had over 200 beds which catered for the elderly, patients with mental health needs, maternity and acute patients.
Bridlington Hospital became part of Scarborough and North East Yorkshire Healthcare NHS Trust in October 1999.
In September 2008 the hospital’s cardiac monitoring unit, acute medical wards and maternity services were transferred to Scarborough Hospital.
In May 2012, following a £750,000 refurbishment, Greg Knight MP officially reopened the main theatre at Bridlington Hospital. This investment in surgical activity at Bridlington enabled patients to stay overnight following surgery at the hospital and in September 2012 the hospital undertook its first orthopedic surgery.
In July 2012, Bridlington Hospital and Scarborough and North East Yorkshire Healthcare NHS Trust became part of York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
The hospital has an active league of Friends. Founded in 1953 the aim of the Bridlington Hospital League of Friends is to improve patient care and comfort.
Click here for the latest information about visiting during Covid-19.
We also have a virtual visiting service.
T: (01262) 606666
F: (01262) 400583