In this section
St Monica’s Easingwold
St Monica’s is a 12 bedded inpatient unit providing hospital care to patients over the age of 18. It is the Trust’s smallest community hospital and provides a high standard of rehabilitation, palliative and general nursing and medical care and day care including physiotherapy and occupational therapy.
The hospital was founded in 1893 by Mrs Katherine Love, a member of a family of generous local benefactors living on the Hawkhills estate near Easingwold. At first it was known as Easingwold Cottage Hospital but later renamed St Monica's. Saint Monica was an early Christian saint and the mother of St. Augustine of Hippo. In 1948 the hospital was taken over by the state and in April 2011 management of the hospital was transferred to the Trust.