In this section
Diabetic Eye Screening
SCREENING APPOINTMENTS SUSPENDED
North Yorkshire Diabetic Eye Screening programme has suspended all screening appointments for the coming weeks in response to the corona virus.
If you are experiencing new and recent visual symptom that you are worried about, please contact us during office hours Monday to Friday on 01904 726640 or contact your own optician.
There is no need to telephone us about future appointments as we will make contact with you once we are in a position to offer screening again.
Information for patients
- Your annual screening appointment
- Eye drops and driving
- Screening in slit-lamp (SLB) clinics
- Diabetes and pregnancy
- Understanding my results
- Closer monitoring (digital surveillance) for people with diabetic maculopathy
- Closer monitoring (digital surveillance) for people with pre-proliferative retinopathy
- What to do if you have problems after screening
- How do I make a complaint?
Information for optometrists
- Understanding national grading results and outcomes
- Want to check when a patient is next due to be screened?
To find the ansers to the service's most frequently asked questions pleae follow the link to our Diabetic Eye Screening FAQ's page.
- National Diabetic Eye Screening Programme
- NSC Website
- Diabetes UK
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence
- Your guide to diabetic eye screening
- Your guide to diabetic retinopathy
- Closer monitoring and treatment of diabetic retinopathy
- Diabetic eye screening: slit lamp examination
Please contact us on 01904 726640 for all appointments and general enquiries.
We have an answer machine to take messages for calls outside office hours.