In this section
Diabetic Eye Screening
Information for patients
PHE have published online guidance that explains why people with diabetes may have the interval between their screening appointments extended from 12 months to a maximum of 24 months during the restoration of screening.
- Your annual screening appointment
- Eye drops and driving
- Screening in slit-lamp (SLB) clinics
- Diabetes and pregnancy
- Understanding my results
- Closer monitoring (digital surveillance) for people with diabetic maculopathy
- Closer monitoring (digital surveillance) for people with pre-proliferative retinopathy
- What to do if you have problems after screening
- How do I make a complaint?
- Age Related Macular Degeneration
Information for optometrists
- Understanding national grading results and outcomes
- Want to check when a patient is next due to be screened?
To find the ansers to the service's most frequently asked questions pleae follow the link to our Diabetic Eye Screening FAQ's page.
- National Diabetic Eye Screening Programme
- NSC Website
- Diabetes UK
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence
- Your guide to diabetic eye screening
- Your guide to diabetic retinopathy
- Closer monitoring and treatment of diabetic retinopathy
- Diabetic eye screening: slit lamp examination
Please contact us on 01904 726640 for all appointments and general enquiries.
We have an answer machine to take messages for calls outside office hours.