In this section
New doctors - starter information
Welcome to York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, we are very pleased that you have accepted our offer. This page is designed to help make your on-boarding a smooth and pleasant experience.
Occupational Health documentation
The following occupational health forms will need completing and sending directly to: email@example.com by all doctors. Please note changeover and international doctors will be required to complete a different occupational health questionnaire as indicated below:
- Consent to transfer immunisation records
- Consent to transfer copies of occupational health records
- Health surveillance skin questionnaire
- Covid-19 health questionnaire
- Occupational Health questionnaire
- Occupational Health questionnaire (international doctors only)
- Occupational Health questionnaire (changeover)
Occupational Health clearance is required before you can be employed.
Please return all the necessary paperwork and requested evidence at least one month prior to employment.
Should you require blood tests, these take time to arrange and gain back results hence the need for you to respond as quickly as possible.
Right to Work
Proof of your right to work in the UK will be required. Please speak to a member of the Medical Staffing team if you will require a certificate of sponsorship.
To begin the on-boarding process we require scanned copies of the following ID documentation to be sent to your recruitment contact.
- 1 photo ID in combination with 2 address ID documents
- 2 photo ID in combination with 1 address ID document
- Please see pre-employment check guide below for information on acceptable documents
- Degree certificate (please provide a translation if not in English)
- GMC or GDC certificate
- DBS certificate (if you are on the update service you will need to provide us with the DBS number and issue date to enable us to perform an online check)
- Overseas police check (if applicable) - you must provide a criminal record certificate for any country (excluding the UK) where you have lived for 12 months or more (whether continuous or in total), in the 10 years before your application, while aged 18 or over. You will be required to apply for a UK DBS within 3 months of joining the Trust, which we will facilitate.
Please note you will be required to bring all the original documents for checking on your first day.
Our Trust continues to strongly encourage our staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19, this remains our best defense to protect our patients, ourselves and everyone else.
All new medical and dental starters
In addition to the ID documents above, all new doctors are required to complete the following documents and return to your recruitment contact. Wherever possible please return the forms in their original word format.
A copy of the payroll form will be available for you to sign when you complete your document checks on your first day.
- Employment declaration
- Code of conduct
- Payroll (complete sections surrounded by thick red line only and return in word format)
- Parking permit application (York) / Parking permit application (Scarborough)
- Badge application for (York) / Badge application form (Scarborough)
In preparation to you starting at the Trust you are required to send a passport style photo to Medical.Recruitment2@YORK.NHS.UK as part of the ID badge process as photos will no longer be taken on your first day. This will need to be a passport style photo i.e., front facing and ideally on a plain background (however you can smile!). If you have a preferred name, other than that on your passport, that you wish to have included on your badge, please include this information with your photograph.