Staff Benefits and Wellbeing
Fitness Classes and Sports Clubs
How to save the Staff Benefits and Wellbeing section to your home screen
iPad or iPhone
- Launch “Safari” app.
- Enter into the address field the URL of the website you want to create a shortcut to. Tap “Go.”
- Tap the icon featuring a right-pointing arrow coming out of a box along the top of the Safari window to open a drop-down menu.
- Tap “Add to Home Screen.” The Add to Home dialog box will appear, with the icon that will be used for this website on the left side of the dialog box.
- Enter the name for the shortcut using the on-screen keyboard and tap “Add.” Safari will close automatically and you will be taken to where the icon is located on your iPad’s desktop.
- Launch “Chrome” app.
- Open this link.
- Tap the menu icon (3 dots in upper right-hand corner) and tap Add to homescreen.
- You’ll be able to enter a name for the shortcut and then Chrome will add it to your home screen.
Looking for local fitness class or sports club? Your in the right place!
All the classes and clubs below are listed by area to help you find something local to you
If your looking to join a gym, click here to check out our corporate gym memberships page
Staff Benefits Grants
We know the cost of joining a gym can be expensive, that's why we offer a staff lottery funded grant of up to £25 for physical activity to help you kick-start your fitness journey!
Click here for more information on Grants and how to apply
This page is currently under construction 21/09/22 -check back soon for updates
Tang Hall Combat Warriors
About: Do you want to get fit and have fun doing it, but don’t want to join a gym? Join us for BODYCOMBAT to unleash your inner warrior and improve your fitness. This is a high-energy martial arts-inspired workout that is non-contact. Kick and punch your way to fitness and burn up to 600 calories.
If you want to build strength, feel calm, and improve your flexibility, then BODYBALANCE is for you! In this yoga-based class, you'll also experience Pilates and Tai Chi moves.
Class participant: “My first ever Body Combat this morning and I’m hooked. It was such good fun. Left the session absolutely buzzing and full of energy… I loved it. Everyone was so friendly, and I had an absolute ball. Still smiling now. Will definitely be back next week.”
The first class is free - so you have nothing to lose! Beginners welcome. Get in shape, release stress, and feel good. We run two BODYCOMBAT classes (Wednesdays at 6pm and Saturdays at 8.30am) and one BODYBALANCE class (Saturdays at 9.35am) at Tang Hall Community Centre, Fifth Avenue, York. £6 per class (PAYG), with discounts available (e.g. buy 10 passes and get 1 free).
Are you just starting out on your fitness journey? It is possible to adapt BODYCOMBAT or BODYBALANCE exercises to your needs. Our Les Mills qualified instructors will help you work at your own level.
Offer: 25% off our class price, £4.50 instead of £6 a class.
To redeem: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and bring your ID badge to class to confirm employment.
Click here to visit the Tang hall Combat Warriors website
Click here to return to the 'Fitness' page