- Our area
- About us
- Other opportunities
- Information for applicants
- Practice Education Team
- Staff Benefits and Wellbeing
24 hour counselling service for staff
Occupational Health has partnered with CiC Confidential Care to enhance the Staff Support and Counselling Service providing a 24 hour, seven days a week, 365 days a year service. This includes:
- Counselling and emotional support
- Debt and financial management advice
- Family care advice
- Everyday matters advice
- Legal and tax advice
- Managers advice line
Staff will continue to have the opportunity to self refer and access face-to-face, one-to-one, counselling by contacting Confidential Care. All of the above can be accessed by phoning 0800 085 1376.
Staff can also use the online service. There is a wealth of information for managing everyday wellbeing concerns. This can be accessed by going to the Well Online website and entering username yhlogin and password wellbeing. Live Chat is also available through this website.
For further information contact:
Your Staff Support and Counselling Service
Freephone 0800 085 1376 or email us.
Mindfulness - taking an active approach to looking after your mind
A diverse range of participants are attracted to mindfulness courses from students and parents of young children to corporate directors and healthcare professionals. People attend for a variety of reasons - be it simply taking the time to prioritise their wellbeing or as a complementary approach to managing a variety of health concerns.
As part of our commitment to staff health and wellbeing we will be running some FREE sessions in York following the popular sessions at Scarborough Hospital.
Please visit Learning Hub on Staff Room to book a place.
Special offer continuing Mindfulness courses
Staff Benefits and the Occupational Health and Wellbeing Service have secured a 20% discount on 8 week mindfulness courses offered by the Northern Centre for Mindfulness and Compassion.
To find out more please visit yorkmbsr.eventbrite.co.uk.
To book a discounted place simply select ‘Organisational Discount Rate’.
The Northern Centre for Mindfulness and Compassion
York Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
More than 2000 scientific studies support the positive effects of meditation. Headspace is a course of mindfulness meditation in bite-size 10 minute exercises, delivered through an app or online. It reduces stress, improves sleep and even increase focus! Best of all, it’s free to Trust employees – find out more and get your free code from email@example.com
NHS Choices 12 Week Weight Loss Programme
If you want to lose weight and develop healthier habits you may find this programme helpful. It is a programme that you can do alone or with family, friends or colleagues.
This 12 week course is available to everyone and can be found on the NHS Choices website. It aims to help individuals work towards losing weight at a safe and sustainable rate of 0.5kg to 1kg a week.
You can download a booklet to keep track of your calories and physical activity. This booklet contains lots of useful information and tips. There are also a number of u tube clips on the website to support you with improving physical activity and also a BMI calculator. It also links to the couch to 5K programme
How did you do?
Let us know how you got on. Once you have completed the programme, we would love to hear from you to see how this programme worked for you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are a few quotes from Henry Ford that seem appropriate for this programme.
- "If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got."
- "Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals."
- Book yourself in for a free staff Health Check.This will give you a good baseline of your current health and lifestyle and will help you focus on what you want to change or improve on.These take place at York, Scarborough and Bridlington Hospitals. Contact email@example.com to make an appointment.
- Do this programme with another person or a group of people. By supporting each other and sharing tips, you are more likely to stay motivated and it can be more fun.
- Set your goals. Having something to aim for helps you to monitor progress and gives a sense of achievement. Be realistic in your goal setting and make it personal and relevant to you.
- Have fun.Try something new - take up a new exercise class, try new recipes – avoid it becoming a drudge!
- Keep at it. We all get de-motivated from time to time when trying to make changes. There will be ups and downs – the key is to just keep going – small changes over time accumulate to make a big difference.
The health and lifestyle check provides a comprehensive set of checks that aims to help individuals identify and monitor areas of their health and behaviour that may affect their current and future health.
The health check lasts one hour and is available to staff employed within the Trust. Priority will be given to those over 40 years of age and/or shift workers.
The appointment includes:
- Basic body measurements - height, weight, waist circumference and body composition (this will require you to stand bare foot on a set of scales)
- Resting blood pressure - systolic, diastolic and resting heart rate
- Resting blood measures - total cholesterol, HDL and glucose from a fingertip blood sample
- Lifestyle discussion and assessment of risk of diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
Appointments are available at York, Scarborough and Bridlington Hospitals.
The Trust supports release of staff to attend during work time.
To book an appointment please email the Wellbeing Team firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to return to the main Staff Benefits menu.