In this section
Access your health record securely online with Patients Know Best
We are pleased to offer our patients a new online service that gives you secure access to your health record.
It’s designed to improve your patient experience and access to NHS services and information. It’s a bit like online banking, but instead, you can use it to manage your health.
All your data is stored securely. Simply log in to view your healthcare information or use it to understand and monitor your condition.
This service is free to our patients and is offered using an NHS accredited system called Patients Know Best (PKB). It’s part of our promise and ongoing commitment to give you more choice and control over your care. The service will allow you to:
View your medical information:
- outpatient appointments
And in the near future your:
- medical correspondence
- test results
- care plans
- hospital discharge information.
Record important medical information:
- medications you are taking
- diagnosis information
- data from wearable devices (e.g. glucometers or Fitbits)
- other important paper documentation.
Share and control access to your health record:
- share with a carer, family member, or other health and care professionals involved in your care, e.g. your GP, pharmacist, at-home care provider, or a paramedic during an emergency;
- get access whether you are at home, in another part of the country, or even abroad;
- monitor who has access and control what parts of your records they can see; and
- consent to share information for research of your choice.
Sharing your medical information, including details of your diagnosis, allergies or the medication you are taking, can be critical for many patients, particularly if you have a long-term condition or any specific care needs.
Manage your health, treatment and communications:
- monitor and track symptoms
- keep a health journal
- exchange messages with your healthcare team
- access resources tailored for you by your healthcare team.
Find out more
To find out more about this service or to understand how your data is protected, click here to be redirected to the PKB website. You can also read our frequently asked questions.
How can I register?
Click here to complete registration if you have received an invitation from us. It takes no more than two minutes to register. If you need support, please watch this short video for guidance.