In this section
Cancer nurse specialists
We are a team of nurses who specialise in the care and support of people with a diagnosed skin cancer. This may include melanomas, squamous cell carcinoma and basal cell carcinoma skin cancers.
If you have any questions about your treatment or investigations and require further information and support, please contact your key worker on: 01904 721719.
We have a voicemail facility if you wish to leave a message, which we check regularly and return calls.
Useful information and approved websites
Click on the links below for information:
Sun Safety and vitamin D
- Sun safety advice booklet
- NHS sun safety
- A second skin cancer?
- Vitamin D - General advice
- Vitamin D - Advice after melanoma
- Advice after a diagnosis of melanoma or for people at risk of skin cancer
How to check your skin
Lymph node assessment
- Raising awareness through education promoting prevention and early detection campaigning for change
- British Association of Dermatologists
- DermNet NZ
- British Association of Skin Camouflage - 01978 265760
- Changing Faces - 0300 012 0275
- Melanoma UK - 0808 171 2455
- British Skin Foundation - 020 7391 6341
- Veterans UK
- Understanding skin cancer types
Cancer support at the Trust
Our cancer care centres provide information, support, complementary therapies and a listening ear for patients with cancer and their families.
- Cancer care centre at York Hospital
- The Cancer Information and Support Service at Scarborough Hospital
- Health and Wellbeing Support
- Living With & Beyond Cancer
*Page checked and updated February 2020.