In this section
Work experience for school, college, and sixth form students
Work experience placements are available for school, college, and sixth form students aged 16 and over.
- Please only apply for one placement.
- Applicants will be shortlisted for each opportunity based on information included in their application form.
- Click here to download an application pack.
Location: York Hospital
Placement date: 26 - 30 June 2023
Application deadline: 17 March 2023
Click here for more information on pharmacy work experience.
Volunteer with us
Alternatively, or additionally, you could apply to be a volunteer at the Trust. This is open to any student aged 16+ and includes direct contact with patients in wards. Volunteer applications require background checks. Click here for more information on volunteering.
For aspiring doctors
Sixth form shadowing project
Funded by Friends of York Hospital, students of some York schools/colleges can learn more about the roles of medial staff in the NHS. Find more information about sixth form shadowing.
Hull York Medical School
HYMS offers students a range of opportunities for insight into medical professions. Find more information about pathways to medicine.
For aspiring nurses
University of York introduction to nursing
The University of York offers a free, self-led introductory course on the bioscience, psychology, and sociology of nursing. Find more information on the University of York's nursing course here.
- Medical Schools Council: Information on work experience
- Careers videos for schools
- NHS Health Careers website (information on non-clinical roles)
- Trust TES shop (free resources)
- Apprenticeships at our Trust
For teachers: If you are interested linking up with the Trust for careers education, curriculum links, or anything else, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.