In this section
Volunteering at York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is a great way to support your local hospital. We currently have over 400 volunteers making a difference to both our patients and staff. Whether you want to volunteer at York, Scarborough, Bridlington, or Selby hospitals, or even some of our smaller community sites, everyone can make a difference and we welcome your application to join us.
Our current vacancies
|Ward Support Volunteer||Trust-wide|
|Main Reception Volunteer||Bridlington and Scarborough Hospital|
|Activity Volunteer||York Hospital (Dementia Ward)|
Frequently asked questions
After submitting an application, how long does it take to become a Trust volunteer?
It takes 8-12 weeks, including recruitment checks, an information session, and an induction session.
Do you offer work experience?
Our volunteering roles are designed to improve the patient experience, not for work experience purposes. Applications for work experience will not be considered.
How to apply
In order to apply, volunteers are required to commit to the following:
- Minimum six months of volunteering overall
- Weekly commitment of one four-hour volunteering shift
- Must be aged 16 or over (with parental consent). Please note, some roles are 18 and over due to the nature of the ward environment
- Before starting volunteering, volunteers must attend a mandatory Volunteer Recruitment Information Session and a separate Ward Induction Session (normally ward-based for four hours)
Please complete an application form in order to apply for a space on our Volunteer Recruitment Information Session. Please note, spaces are limited and applications are shortlisted to ensure suitability. Our application form may close early if enough successful applications are received.
Our next Volunteer Recruitment Information Session dates are below.
- For 18+ applicants: Wednesday 12th October 9:30-12:00
For 16-18 year old applicants: Wednesday 12th October 13:30-16:00
Please note, attendance is mandatory in order to progress with your application. If you cannot make the next available induction session, please check back after the next induction session for future dates.