ATTENTION: This booking system is new and there may be some minor issues. You may be contacted due to unavailability of your booking. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
PLEASE NOTE: We are unable to accept samples without a booking, unfortunately your sample will be rejected if you have not booked.
Samples for post-vasectomy analysis which may be dropped off at Scarborough Hospital before 9am must now be booked in, this is to ensure that there is enough time to process these samples - please see the information sheet for details. There is one 08:35 appointment on the system for this slot.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept room bookings at this current time. This will change in due course.
Room bookings: If you are unable to deliver your sample within the necessary timeframe or would prefer to produce your sample on site, you can book to use the dedicated sample production room. This ensures your sample can be processed without unnecessary delay.
Samples produced at home: If you are able to deliver your sample to the hospital within the necessary timeframe, you may prefer to produce your sample at home. It is still essential however to book a time for delivery to ensure that lab staff are able to process your sample without delay.
You will be sent a confirmation email after booking, please keep this email safe as it contains important information which includes how to cancel your booking (if required).
COVID-19 related alterations
- Face masks/coverings are compulsory for entering the hospital. In York, there are designated "Entrance" and "Exit" doors with hand gel situated at both. Please use these when entering and leaving the hospital.
- Booking is now essential for dropping off a Post-Vasectomy sample at Scarborough Hospital. There is one time slot on the system (08:35). The sample must be received in Scarborough specimen reception between 08:35 and 09:00 on the day of booking. You will not be required to call the lab before entering the hospital.
- Patients dropping off samples in York must wait outside the hospital entrance and call the laboratory on 01904 726258 prior to your appointment time. This is so we can run through the additional questions required and minimise patient contact.
- Room bookings will be subject to availability and patients will be required to have their temperature checked prior to using the facility.
- If you are feeling unwell/have felt unwell in the last 7 days, or a family member has felt unwell in the last 14 days, we ask that you re-arrange your appointment. Appointments can be cancelled using the cancellation tab or by calling the laboratory.
- Please attend your appointment alone unless a chaperone is absolutely necessary.
Please note, failure to follow the above may result in rejection of your sample.
If you have any queries and would like to speak to a member of staff or you are unable to book online, please email or call the lab on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01904 726258.