In this section
Volunteering at the Trust is a great way to support your local hospital.
Volunteers make a difference to both patients and staff across the Trust. If you would like to volunteer at one of our hospitals in York, Scarborough, Bridlington, and Selby, or one of our smaller community sites, we would love to hear from you.
We are currently accepting applications from those interested in becoming a volunteer with us.
If you're interested, please complete this application form.
We will be in touch after the application deadline on 1 October 2023.
If you need support completing the form, please contact the volunteer team on 01904 724229 or email email@example.com.
A wide variety of volunteering roles are available in different departments across our Trust. Below you'll find descriptions for roles requested by some of the departments across our Trust. Other departments and sites will also need volunteers, so get in touch with our volunteering team for more information.
- Activity volunteer
- AHP therapy volunteer
- Audiology reception support volunteer (Scarborough)
- Emergency department volunteer (York)
- Ward support volunteer (Bridlington)
- Ward support volunteer (Scarborough)
- Ward support volunteer - Ward 33
- Ward volunteer - Same day emergency care
Frequently asked questions
After submitting an application, how long does it take to become a Trust volunteer?
It takes 8-12 weeks, including recruitment checks, an information session, and an induction session.
Do you offer work experience?
Our volunteering roles are designed to improve the patient experience, not for work experience purposes. We do sometimes offer work experience placements for those under 18. Find more details on work experience placements here.
Requirements for volunteering
To apply and become a volunteer, we ask that people:
- Commit to a minimum of six months, initially
- Make a weekly commitment of one four-hour shift
- Must be aged 16 and above. Please note, volunteers under 18 require parental consent. Some roles are only appropriate for volunteers aged 18+
To find out more about Volunteering with the NHS please visit NHS England's volunteering webpage.