- Your Child's Hospital Journey
- York Hospital
- Scarborough Hospital
- Meet the Teams
We are committed to ensuring the safety and the wellbeing of all children and young people that we work with, either in the community or in hospital.
We work in partnership with a range of other agencies to ensure appropriate actions are taken to protect children who may be at risk of abuse or neglect.
We do this by ensuring our staff are safe to work with children and young people by carrying out Disclosure & Barring Scheme (DBS) checks (which used to be called CRB checks) in line with statutory requirements.
We have policies and procedures for the work we do. These include:
- a Safeguarding Children policy, a policy regarding children who do not attend their appointments
- a flagging system for children who have a multi-agency Child Protection Plan, or are Looked After, and Reflected Supervision for staff who work mostly with children and young people.
- Delivering a comprehensive programme of safeguarding children training at all levels, across the whole organisation to all staff.
- Having key staff in place to lead the Safeguarding Children agenda.
If you have any concerns at all please ask to speak to Matron, the Ward Manager or your Consultant. You can also speak to a member of the PALS team.
To view our safeguarding children declaration statement click here.
Understanding medical examinations
The centre of expertise on child sexual abuse have produced a short film explaining the paediatric medical examination that takes place when there are concerns of child sexual abuse.
Click here to watch the film.
You can find the scoping report on this topic, along with other research and resources relating to child sexual abuse on the CSA Centre’s website.